Saturday 29 August 2009

My new dress

Those who know me will know that I absolutely adore the colour grey, any shade, any hue, grey is just always perfect, and my wardrobe is totally stuffed with it! So when I found this gorgeous grey and pink flowery fabric in Truro Fabrics for £4.99/m I couldn't resist.

The end result:

You can't really see how pretty the flowery fabric is from there, so a close-up:

I love it! The bandeau top bit is made from a rectangle of grey jersey (you can either cut up a cheapy top or buy expensive jersey - I know which I'd choose!). Then I attached a black elastic casing bit (see previous posts about threading elastic through etc etc!) using a zigzag stitch with shirring elastic as my bobbin thread. Then the skirt was an elongated version of the "not-enough-material" skirt, and...drumroll please...I even lined it!! Harriet and I decided we needed to start finishing things off properly, and also embellishing things, which is why I added the ruffle on the top bit. I just used pinking shears to cut out the two ruffles, then gathered them (using two rows of long machine stitches and pulling the ends) and sewed them to a straight middle section. I think the buttons just complete it :)

Perhaps I'll just show you some new shoes too while I'm talking about my love for grey! They were from a tiny shoe shop in Sadler's Walk, Chichester called Zigzag which has lots of lovely things!


Flik

x

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! and i know that you spent a long time making this! its paid off and it looks great!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :D