Friday 14 August 2009

Bunni's Red Dress

I think next I'll rave about a rather lovely project we completed in Cornwall - a gorgeous red prom dress that Harriet made finally, after much deliberating and indecisiveness. The problem was that the material was so gorgeous - a lightweight red taffeta - and relatively expensive (for us!) so she couldn't bring herself to cut it up without having a really awesome idea!

Anyway, the brilliant idea hit us one evening, to pair the red with cream coloured bits (tulle underskirt, straps and waistband), and we set off! To be honest I couldn't really imagine the end result but Bunni is so good at thinking about things in her head and not needing to draw them out and plan them within an inch of their lives, unlike me! She just totally made up the pattern pieces and I cut out accordingly!

I think this was the only help I gave throughout the entire thing...! But at least we have photo evidence!! Was too scared to do any of the sewing because I hadn't a clue how it was all going to look in the end!

The final result was absolutely gorgeous, and was part of our photoshoot on Kynance Cove cliffs. Although we forgot to put on the cream ribbon waistband because it was getting towards the end of the shoot and we were absolutely freezing and nearly being blown off the clifftop! My favourite part is the straps! That was a seriously inspired idea (but probably not mine admittedly!) and it really gives a little extra something to the dress.


To read her explanation of how she made it go to her own post about it on her blog (the yellow rabbit).

Comments and praise readily accepted!

Flik

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :D